Number of Servings: 4
- 2 Zucchinis, halved lengthwise.
- 1 cup Pre-soaked chickpeas.
- 1 tbs Ground cumin.
- 1 ts Ground coriander.
- 1/2 ts Turmeric.
- 1/2 Lemon juice.
- 1 Shallot, chopped.
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 tbs Walnuts, chopped.
- 1/2 Canned tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup Kale, chopped.
- Salt and black pepper.
- 1 and 1/2 tbs Olive oil.
- Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Use 1/2 tbs from the olive oil to brush the zucchini.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 200 Celsius for 20-25 mins.
For the Filling:
- Add the remaining olive oil into a nonstick pan, add the onion and half of the spices. Cook over medium heat until the onion has softened.
- Add the flesh of the zucchini, garlic, canned tomatoes, kale, lemon juice, remaining spices along with salt and pepper and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the chickpeas and the walnuts, cook for another 5 mins then smash them just until it breaks down a little bit.
- scoop about 1 tbs of the filling into each of the zucchini, garnish with parsley, and serve.