Veal Piccata with Lemon Sauce
Number of Servings: 2
- 1/4 kg Veal slices.
- 1/4 cup Flour.
- 1 Lemon juice.
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 cup Chicken stock.
- 1/4 cup White wine (nonalcoholic).
- 2 tbs Butter.
- 1 tbs Olive oil.
- 1 tbs Parsley, chopped.
- Salt & black pepper.
- On a plate, combine the flour, salt and black pepper and mix. Coat the veal in the flour and shake the veal to remove excess flour.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tbs butter on a heavy pan over high heat. Cook the veal for a minute on each side until golden brown. Then remove from pan.
- Use the same pan to make the sauce. Pour in the white wine and cook until reduced to half.
- Add the chicken broth, 1 tbs of butter, garlic, and parsley. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the veal back and cook for another minute on both sides.
- Serve on a plate immediately and pour the excess sauce and garnish with parsley.