This is one my favorite authentic Italian dishes, super easy to make and full of rich flavors!
Number of Servings: 4
- 300g Veal, thinly sliced.
- 150g Buffalo mozzarella, sliced.
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves.
- 1/2 cup Red wine, non-alcoholic.
- 1 Canned chopped tomatoes.
- 1 cup Chicken stock.
- 1 Tomato, chopped.
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced.
- 1/2 Onion, chopped.
- 1 tbs Olive oil.
- 1 tbs Butter.
- Salt & pepper.
- Season the veal with salt & pepper on each side.
- For each one of the veal slices, top it with a slice of mozzarella and basil leaves, roll it, and secure with a tooth pick.
- Heat a nonstick pan, add the olive oil and butter and sear the veal from each side until golden brown then remove it from the pan.
- Use the same pan, pour the wine and deglaze the pan then add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, canned tomatoes, season with salt & pepper, and add the veal back to the pan and cook for about 45-55 mins over low heat.
- Once cooked, pour in the sauce along with the veal with your preferred type of pasta and serve.