Original Bread Pudding
Number of Servings: 6
- 6 Slices of day-old bread.
- 300 ml Milk.
- 100 ml Whipping cream.
- 1/3 cup Sugar.
- 1/2 ts Ground cinnamon.
- 1 ts Vanilla extract.
- 2 Eggs.
- Nutmeg (optional).
- A pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius.
- Cut the bread into medium cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Add the bread to the mixture and let it fully soak for 10 mins and push down with a fork until the bread is covered.
- Grease a baking pan and the soaked bread along with the remaining liquid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40—45 mins.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with berries, or even vanilla ice cream.