Open Faced Aubergine
Number of Servings: 4
- 2 Aubergines, halved lengthwise.
- 1/4 kg Ground beef.
- 6 tbs Olive oil.
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped.
- 2 tbs Pine nuts.
- 2 tbs Walnuts, chopped.
- 2 tbs Tomato paste.
- 2 tbs Pomegranate molasses.
- 1 tbs Ground cumin.
- 1 ts Ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 ts Paprika.
- 1 ts Sugar.
- Salt and pepper.
- Handful of parsley, chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Place the aubergines skin side down, make some cuts on the flesh, and pour on each 1 tbs of olive oil. Add some salt and black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins until they become soft, then broil for 10 mins.
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a non-stick pan and Sauté the onions with the cumin and cinnamon and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, then add the tomato paste and pomegranate molasses and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper, pine nuts and walnuts. Mix well.
- Lastly, add the chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Scoop some of the cooked meat into each of the aubergines and garnish with some more parsley.